Single-ply waterproof membranes are particularly suitable for commercial, industrial, and institutional roofs with large obstacle-free areas. There are two main families: thermoplastic membranes that soften when heated and whose seams can be welded, and thermoset membranes that harden when heated and whose seams have to be glued.
The most popular thermoplastic membranes are TPO (thermoplastic olefin), which are known for their waterproofness and, because they’re generally white, reduced ecological footprint. PVC (polyvinyl chloride) membranes are known for their solid seams and weather resistance, as well as for their potential for releasing environmental contaminants. The most common thermoset membrane is EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer), a synthetic rubber membrane known for its long service life.
A thorough knowledge of single-ply membranes is essential due to compatibility issues. Installation and repair materials need to be compatible, or the performance and service life of the roof may be compromised. Single-ply membranes are also generally thinner than modified bitumen membranes, so greater care is required to avoid punctures when walking on them or performing maintenance.
The benefits of doing business with us
– Our recognized skills in designing, planning, installing, inspecting, and repairing single-ply-membrane roofs
– Our extensive track record with single-ply membrane roofs in commercial, industrial, and institutional applications
– Our in-depth knowledge of available materials and their costs so you can choose the right ones for your roof and budget
– The skills and hands-on experience of our field crews for state-of-the-art roof installation or repair
– Our full stock of material and advanced mobile equipment
– Our 24/7 emergency services
– Our reputation for integrity and excellence
If you’re considering single-ply membrane roofing for a commercial, industrial, or institutional application or looking to inspect an existing roof and make any necessary repairs, take a look at us. Guarantee your success with our skills and expertise.
Single-ply membrane roofs
Here are a few modified-bitumen roof construction, reroofing, and repair jobs we’ve put our skills to work on. See for yourself that we have the expertise and the equipment it takes to exceed your highest standards and expectations.